- Alex was Ian’s five-year-old son: brilliant, earnest, and compassionate. He is dead now, but Ian can’t let him go.|
- When his wife urges him to move on, he drives her away. His performance at work collapses; his friends leave him. Six months later, alone in an empty house, Ian starts to see his son again.
- Every vision is a repeat of something the boy said or did in life: aching memories replaying themselves for Ian’s eyes alone. Are these images of Alex real? Has Ian’s son found a way back, to forgive or condemn his father?
- Or has Ian’s sorrow metastasized into psychosis?
- With a masterful hand, bestselling Kindle Horror author Adam J Nicolai paints a picture of grief, madness, and the furious strength of a father’s love for his son.
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“I read this book in two sittings within about 12 hours of each other. This is rare for me. Most books I like to put down after 20 or 30 pages, but I was compelled to keep reading this one in a way that seldom happens for me. Although it was gripping and a fast read, it was really hard to read, too: the first third or so was just so heart-wrenching, and then Ian (the main character) started doing crazy things, which was a bit uncomfortable to read at times. This isn’t a criticism, though, because I take it that’s what the author was going for. I’m not a parent myself, but the way Ian’s reaction to losing his son was described hit me hard. That said, sometimes Ian’s reactions seemed a little over-the-top in the jerkish direction, but in the end you will care about him nonetheless.” By Ethanator
“I tend to be skeptical anymore about self-published writers, which is unfair in a global sense, I know. But often it is easy to see why any given writer *had* to self publish (and often seemingly without any editor). That is definitely not the case here. The writing was intense, compelling and intelligent. The emotional bonds were deep and believable and Ian’s bewilderment and fear are palpable. I look forward to more from this author.” By Beth C
Author: Adam J Nicolai
Kindle price: Paperback $12.99 Audible $0.00 MP3 CD $9.99
Paperback: 300 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (December 21, 2011)
Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.7 x 8 inches
Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1,154 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #741,577 in Books